The home of Keen Software House & GoodAI
History of Oranžérie
1620 – 1783
The large garden with a vineyard became the property of the Martinice after the lost battle of White Mountain and the defeat of the Estate’s Rebellion. They donated it in 1666 to the Kajetans, religious of the Italian order, who gave it its present form and who built the Oranžérie in 1760 north of it.
1783 – 1830
During the reign of Emperor Joseph II. In 1783 the Kajetánka monastery was closed down. Then the property passed into the hands of several owners, among them the Kounic family, who turned the garden into an English park and had many kinds of trees imported, some of which decorate Kajetánka to this day.
1830 – 1938
In the 1930s. In 1845 the Orangerie was rebuilt into flats by a new owner. In 1903, the local mayor and entrepreneur Jan Kolátor bought Kajetánka and enriched the park with an orchard and sculptures by Vojtěch Sucharda.
1938 – 2014
After Jan Kolátor’s death, Kajetánka remained the property of the family until it was nationalized in 1948. The changed social conditions until the coup d’état in 1989 and after it restitution claims halted the reconstruction started in the 1960s, causing gradual devastation of the park and deterioration of buildings. Only now can Kajetánka in cooperation with the city district of Prague 6 restore her former glory.
The Orangerie is currently the headquarters of Keen Software House and GoodAI.
Keen Software House is an independent game development studio best known for its best-seller Space Engineers (4 million copies sold). GoodAI, is a general AI research company building human-level artificial intelligence. The two companies are made up of over 65 researchers, developers, engineers, programmers, artists, and more.
Na Petynce 213/23
169 00 Prague 6